Todd W. Nielsen, DPM, FACFAS
My goal is to provide compassionate and skilled care to patients of all ages and backgrounds. I am continually seeking to add to my medical education in order to provide the best care possible for my patients, be it surgical or non-surgical.
Dr. Nielsen is a board qualified podiatric surgeon trained right here in town. He grew up in Liberty, and attended Brigham Young University for his undergraduate education. After college he obtained his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from Des Moines University in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Nielsen completed his 3 year residency training at Truman Medical Center Lakewood in Kansas City. He and his wife participate in foster care for children of all ages in the Kansas City area. He enjoys spending time with his wife, reading, exercising, waterskiing, rock climbing, and cheering for the Royals.
Education and Training
- Resident, PMSR + RRA, Truman Medical Center Lakewood, Kansas City, MO
- Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, IA
- Degree: B.S. Exercise Science, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Surgery Center of Johnson County, Overland Park, KS
- Liberty Hospital, Liberty, MO
- Liberty Surgery Center, Liberty, MO
- North Kansas City Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- St. Luke’s North Hospital, Kansas City, MO